Thinking about planning a bachelorette party in Tampa Bay? The Tampa Bay area is a fabulous sunny destination to bring your closest group of ladies to celebrate the bride-to-be.
From white sand beaches and island keys to party boats, lively beach bars, cute brunch spots, boutique shopping, nightlife, and more. Having a bachelorette party in Tampa Bay will be far from forgettable!
This guide will cover all of the best Clearwater, St Petersburg, and Tampa bachelorette party ideas!! Hopefully, by the end, this blog post will help you narrow down which part of Tampa Bay you would like to base your group in and discover activities that your whole girl gang will love.
I was sure to include the most popular St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa bachelorette party ideas but also some of my favorite under-the-radar recommendations that I think you’ll love too!
Anyways, enough chat! Let’s get into how you can plan the best bachelorette party in Tampa Bay.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Why have a Bachelorette Party in Tampa Bay?
Sure, the Tampa Bay area may have caught your attention for one reason or another but what exactly makes it a better choice to have a bachelorette party in Tampa, St Pete, or Clearwater than some of the other more popular Florida bachelorette destinations like Key West or Miami?
He put a ring on it!
- Affordable: The Tampa Bay area can be pretty affordable if that is a priority when it comes to planning. For example, let’s look at accommodations; for 6 people I compared 3-4 star beachfront stays for the same dates in March for 3 nights. On Treasure Island Beach it would cost between $1,100-$1,800 vs in Miami, a beachfront stay would start at $2,100. Note: In general, you would need to plan several months in advance to get the best prices. Also, according to this article cocktails in Miami and Key West were the most expensive US cities… so if you are planning to drink a lot keep that in mind.
- Less crowded: Yes, the tourism in Tampa Bay is at an all-time high so the area really isn’t very much of a secret as it was just a few years ago but in comparison to other major cities like Nashville, Miami, or Las Vegas there are more areas to spread out and enjoy both the city and small town beach vibes. Plus, if you come during the right time of year (more on this below) it won’t feel overly crowded.
- Not as hot as Southern Florida: Ok, you might think I’m a little crazy for this one but really, there’s a difference! Miami and Key West both average hotter temps and humidity levels. Because the Tampa Bay area is surrounded by water it is also likely there will be somewhat of a breeze, especially the closer you are to the coast.
How to get to Tampa Bay
How easy it is to get to Tampa Bay? You will most likely be able to find tons of flight options from most US cities into the Tampa International Airport (TPA) which is only around 40 minutes by car to a majority of the popular beaches like Clearwater or St. Pete Beach.
Note: If you need to go from the TPA airport to Clearwater Beach and don’t want to rent a car and there is a private roundtrip transfer service that will pick your group up directly from the airport. For $114 ($57 each way) total this will be your cheapest option to cover that far of a distance. Vans can hold up to 8 people.
If you are not choosing to spend most of your time in Tampa but want to explore here a little I would recommend doing lunch, dinner, or drinks either the day you land or the hours before your flight when you are already here.
The only other notable airport is the St Pete/Clearwater International Airport (PIE) which is drastically smaller in size. All of their flights operate with Allegiant Air which is known for its budget-friendly flights so make sure to check if your local airports use them!
I have personally flown with Allegiant and I love how easy it is flying in and out of smaller airports. I’ve never had to deal with major delays.
My Finding’s Tip: If you aren’t booking a hotel in Tampa you can always use Bounce luggage storage to hold your things while you explore the city. Just check the online app and spot the nearest luggage locker near you! It comes with $10,000 worth of protection in case of fire or theft.
Transportation in the Tampa Bay area
If you decided to stay on St Pete Beach, Clearwater Beach, or in downtown St Pete you wouldn’t really need a car because there are plenty of activities and restaurants all within walking distance in these areas.
You would only need to Uber a few times if for example you were staying on St Pete Beach and wanted to party or eat in downtown St Pete a couple of times.
However, if the activities that you really want to include inside of your bachelorette party itinerary are spread out on the map then I would recommend that you rent a car because there isn’t a solid public transport system.
All things considered, the cost shouldn’t be too extreme once you divide the cost out among your group.
Best Time of Year for a Bachelorette Party in Tampa Bay
In my opinion, the middle to end of fall and the early spring (make sure to check when spring breakers come!) are the most beautiful times to visit Tampa Bay! It’s hot but not too hot where you don’t want to be outside for very long. Temps during November average 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit while March sees temps in the 70s.
The worst time to plan a Tampa bachelorette party would be in January which is the coldest month. The temps can dip into the low 60s during the day and it tends to be cloudy and rainy. Not to mention January is an expensive time to book hotels.
Early December and late February will be the warmest parts of winter with highs averaging in the mid-70s so this is also a great time to visit. Keep in mind though that February is also a pricier time to buy plane tickets and accommodations as snowbirds are looking to escape.
Hire a Local Bachelorette Event Planner
One of my top tips to keep a Bachelorette party stress free is to hire an event planner. More party, less planning! Have fun soaking up the sun during your Tampa/Clearwater/St Pete Bachelorette while TampaBay Baches takes care of everything else!
Their team will come in and pizazz every part of your Airbnb or hotel with the theme you’ve chosen before your bachelorette crew steps foot into the accommodations.
You also won’t need to worry about running to the grocery store when you arrive, they can provide a “Stock The Fridge” option where your favorite drinks and snacks are ready for you upon arrival. How cool??! Want a charcuterie board and champagne bar waiting for you too? You guessed it, they also do that too!
TampaBay Baches also offers itinerary planning based on your vibes, likes, and must-do’s. You can even have them include some of the activities you read about below from my guide and they will do their best to make it happen!
It’s super helpful especially if you are unfamiliar with the area you won’t need to spend as much time researching.
By partnering with local vendors in the area, they’ve comprised a list of incredible add-on experiences such as boat rentals, beach picnics, charcuterie classes, and so much more!
Island Hop on a BachBoats Party Cruise
We partied all afternoon on our Clearwater bachelorette party with BachBoats!
To me, a boat day is one of the must-do Tampa bachelorette party ideas if you want a private party experience with your group of friends! You’ll get to day drink all while island hopping, spotting dolphins, sliding down the water slide, and playing your own music over the provided Bluetooth speakers!
BachBoats is chartered through A Boat Day, which is one of the most highly rated boat tours on Viator.com! They have 7 different types of luxury boats that can hold up to 6 or 10 people. My group personally had a 6-hour boat ride on the Platinum Funship which is a giant pontoon boat with a second-story water slide.
I also loved how half of the boat was in the shade and the other half and the upper deck in the sun because anyone could cool off or soak up more rays whenever they wanted!
Tours depart from Maderia Beach (10 mins from St Pete Beach), Clearwater, and Dunedin. The starting cost for 10 people and 4 hours is $850, so with 10 people, it’s only around $85 per person which I think is a great deal for a private boat tour! There is also a full-day option too. This is something I would recommend booking months in advance!
My Experience with BachBoats
Our Clearwater bachelorette crew!!! Photo – Krystal Nocella Photography
As I mentioned above, I personally was able to experience the Platinum Funship Boat! Our large group needed two boats so the rest took the Avalon Funship. At first, I was a bit worried that it would feel too separated but it didn’t feel that way at all because they anchor up at several islands throughout the day so it was easy to swap boats and hang out with everyone.
As our bachelorette party was on the way out to 3 Rooker Island, our captain spotted some friendly wild dolphins. They came super close to both of our boats and they were diving and swimming in the wake the boat made! There was even a mom with her baby, so cute!
We saw soooo many dolphins!!! Photo – Krystal Nocella Photography
Once on the island, we had a photoshoot with the whole group. The pictures looked so amazing with the white sand and bright clear green water.
For some of the pictures, TampaBay Baches also gave us all some fun matching cups, flower hair clips, and tanks that said “Where my Beaches at”. We popped a bottle of champagne to celebrate the bride and snacked on a delicious charcuterie board and snacks also from TampaBay Baches.
We then did some wading in the water with our fun ring floats, toasted on the upper-level tanning bed, and of course, I had to try out the waterslide – can all boats have a waterslide, please?!!
This was by far the most fun boating experience I’ve ever had! It was such a memorable day, seriously you must have a boat day with Bach Boats for your Clearwater bachelorette party.
Electric Paddleboard Tour of Shell Key
If your group likes a bit more outdoorsy and adventurous activities then a paddleboarding trip out to Shell Island Key is a great way to spend one of your mornings.
I’ve personally gone on this tour and what I loved, in particular, is that the owners had the brilliant idea to attach a motor onto the backside of each board. This gives more of a relaxing element compared to traditional paddleboarding where you really have to work the whole time which isn’t always fun, especially on a windy day.
Once at the island you’ll have 15-30 minutes to explore, take pics, and hydrate (water is provided).
Tours depart from Tierra Verde, last 2.5 hours long, and cost $75 USD per person. You can book for your group in advance here.
A beach day is always a good idea and a right of passage if you’re having a bachelorette party in Tampa Bay.
If you decide to plan a St Pete Bachelorette there’s a company called the Cabana Club that will set up a luxury cabana or umbrella beach set up complete with chairs, a cooler with water, a Bluetooth speaker, and more! They can accommodate both small and large groups alike!
You can check out more details about all of my favorite Tampa Bay beaches here inside my guide! It really breaks now the pros and cons of each beach so it will definitely be a great resource for you!
Beach Bar Crawl
Coconut Charlies has the best drinks!
I honestly think I am more of a day drinker especially if that means I can be around music and the ocean. St Pete Beach has a hub of excellent beach bars within walking distance from one another. To name a few there’s Coconut Charlies (my fave), Jimmy B’s, PostCard Inn (the party beach spot on Saturdays), Toasted Monkey, and 82 Degrees.
Note: 82 Degrees is also one of the best restaurants in St Pete – the Pappas Cubanos appetizer is fire!
St Pete Pier
Walking around the St Pete Pier is an amazing option for any group that will provide hours of entertainment during a weekend in St Petersburg!
Pier Teaki is the rooftop bar with the best view in the city of the skyline. It also has private cabanas you can rent; you just have to meet a food and beverage minimum. Teak is the fancy restaurant just below but it books far in advance so make sure to reserve a table.
If you’re done exploring and have more time you can always check out one of the waterfront parks, grab a latte from one of the cute St Pete coffee shops, or shop the boutiques (more specific on this below).
Taking time to relax is far from being one of the worst Tampa bachelorette party ideas but self-care often gets overlooked. There are plenty of options in the area to pick from but I would recommend checking out this article by UNATION to find out which one you think the bride-to-be would enjoy most!
Hotel Day Pass
Imagine this view for your Clearwater bachelorette party!
If you didn’t already know how amazing hotel day passes are I’m here to get you into them.
ResortPass is a website that will show you all of the hotels and resorts in your location that will allow you to use the pools and amenities and discounted services for the day for a small fee. Also, often times there are optional add-ons like cabana rentals or spa entry. The price will of course depend on how nice the spot is.
Daryl and I wanted to do a daycation so we booked a ResortPass with Hyatt Clearwater and wow, the view from the pool deck of the beach was fabulous. It was so convenient too because there was a bar right next to the pool and it was easy to leave and grab food from elsewhere and come back inside.
Shopping is always a fool-proof thing to do that can please everyone’s interests and there are so many great options in Tampa Bay! The best malls are the International Plaza in Tampa and the Clearwater Mall. If you want more unique shops I’ve listed my favorite boutiques below:
Tampa: Lex and Co. Boutique, Kittenish, Lableswap
St: Pete: Sip Shop Hooray, Shoreline Sugars, MISRED Outfitters, (re)treat, Shore Surf Shop (Indian Rocks Beach), Grove Surf + Coffee (St. Pete Beach)
WRT at the Godfrey Hotel in Tampa
In Tampa, there are two places where you can have a Vegas-style pool party, WTR and The Hard Rock Hotel.
I’ve gone to WTR before and it’s a blast! There’s a chance to see popular artists and DJs here too! Examples of past performers include Two Friends, G-Eazy, Markus Shultz, Morgan Page, Lost Kings, Tory Lanez, and more! You can check the upcoming lineup on their website here.
Tiki Boat Booze Cruise
If your bachelorette party in Tampa Bay is around Christmas, a tiki cruise is still an appropriate activity!
A tiki boat cruise is one of my other personal favorite bachelorette party ideas to do during the day or even for sunset!
I mean come on, there are not many other places in the U.S. where you can ride around on a tiki boat and it actually looks and feels like paradise. Make sure to bring your own drinks, and have a solid playlist ready to play over the Bluetooth!
A cruise like this departs several locations in Tampa Bay. Cruisin’ Tikis from downtown St. Pete is the one we did for sunset which was so beautiful. It holds up to 6 people and cruises around the pier and gives great sights of the skyline – we even spotted some dolphins!
If you have a big crew you’ll need to book this one in Maderia Beach (close to St Pete Beach) which can hold up to 12 people. There is also the same exact Crusin’ Tiki tour from both Tampa and Clearwater Beach so you really can do this activity anywhere!
A Night Out on the Town
If you and your ladies are looking for a good time you’ve picked the right place to hit the town. The Tampa Bay area can make for a fun night out if you know where to go. Here are my top recommendations!
St. Pete Clubs/Bars (but there are many others): Coopershaker, The Estate (nightclub), Floridian Social Club, No Vacancy, Dirty Laundry, The Saint, Saigon Blonde, The Garden, Crafty Squirrel
Clearwater: Pier 60 Rooftop Bar, Vue 360, Coco’s Crush, Bar Tiki (rooftop with DJ), Shephards, Wave Nightclub, The Brown Boxer North
Tampa: M. Bird (has DJs Thur-Sat), CW Joint (cocktail bar), South Howard Bar Strip, Ciro’s Tampa (popular speakeasy), Coppershaker Ybor City, Eden Downtown (nightclub), Tangra Nightclub, Park and Rec, Hotel Bar (cocktail bar)
Tour option: If you want to seamlessly bar hop around St Pete you can do this Pedal Pub Mixer Tour that visits 4 different breweries!
Gourmet Food and Wine Tour
There are so many great wine bars in Tampa Bay!
This is a great St Pete bachelorette party idea if there are a lot of foodies in the group! In this Gourmet Wine and Food Tour from downtown St Pete, you’ll visit 4 different local restaurants and get to try a nice-sized portion to try of a gourmet dish with a wine pairing.
If you ask me, I think it’s a great laid-back way to socialize with your girls and try some new flavors, all while exploring the city!
Dinner Cruise on a Yacht
The StarLight yacht is waiting for your St Pete Bachelorette party to hop on board!
I originally went on this dinner cruise for a date with my partner but it wasn’t quite the romantic night I was expecting as there was a lively bachelorette party living it up on the dance floor – this is exactly why I am suggesting this to you!!! This would be a way better scene for a Clearwater or St Pete bachelorette party than for a quiet dinner for two!
There’s a small upper outdoor deck for fresh air and views that you can enjoy with a drink while waiting for your food to arrive!
Note: dinner and drinks are a separate cost from the entry ticket and entrees were priced around $25-30. I did not enjoy any of the surgery cocktails so stick with wine or whiskey… or of course SHOTS!!!
You can book the StarLite Sapphire dinner cruise out of St Pete or Clearwater. You can also book the lunch version of this tour here which is the better choice if you want more of a calmer dining cruise.
Dining Options for your Tampa, St Pete, Clearwater Bachelorette
Taverna Costale’s dining room
St. Pete Brunch: Twerking with a side of Breakfast at Bacon Bitch, Stillwaters Tavern (Sat and Sun with bottomless mimosas), The Avenue, The Lure, Social Roost, Cassis
St. Pete Dinner: Bella Brava, Taverna Costale, Parkshore Grille, Ceviche, Brick and Mortar, The Mill
Tampa Brunch: Timpano, American Social, Cask Social, 7th and Grove, Oxford Exchange
Tampa Dinner: Timpano, Meat Market, Olivia, Ulele, Haiko, CW Joint, On Swann, Ava, Bulla Gastrobar, Barterhouse
Clearwater Brunch: Another Broken Egg Cafe, Marina Cantina, Island Way Grille, Clear Sky Cafe, Ryan’s Island Cafe
Clearwater Dinner: Marina Cantina, Island Way Grille, Ocean Hai, Forlini’s, Blinkers Beachside
Where to Stay for a Bachelorette Party in Tampa Bay
There are lots of accommodation options for a bachelorette party in Tampa Bay as it covers many different areas so I’ve broken down each of the popular surrounding cities and included budget, mid-range, and luxury options as well as hotels for small groups and holiday homes/apartments for large groups.
The Hollander Hotel is a great place to stay for a St Pete Bachlorette! Cocktail anyone?
For the cheapest option right in central Clearwater go for the Clearwater Beach Hotel, Pier House 60 has the best value for money, while Edge Hotel and the Hyatt Resort will come at a cost for their coastal views, proximity to the beach, and amenities.
For larger groups:
- Sunset Beach House – Great location just a mile from Clearwater Beach. It can sleep 12 adults in 3 double beds and 3 sofa beds with 2 bathrooms. There is a screened-in lanai with a pool.
- Waterfront Getaway – An entire holiday home located in Indian Rocks Beach (close enough to walk to the beach) and just 6 miles from Clearwater Beach. It sleeps 10 adults in 2 kings, 2 queens, and 2 twins. There is an outdoor patio with a private dock and a pool with a hot tub. It’s spacious, peaceful, and private with a nice view!
- Sea Breeze Beach House – Set just 500 feet from Clearwater Beach this is a 4 bed 3 bath house that holds 12 adults in 4 double beds, 1 XL double, 2 single beds, and a sofa bed. It has a screened-in porch, outdoor seating, and a small pool.
Downtown St Pete
For larger groups:
- Kinsey Palms – Hip and on-trend interior! I’ve stayed here before and every room had an element of surprise. While not overly huge this home can fix 6 adults in 2 queen beds and one queen-sized sofa bed. Plus, it has a fenced-in backyard. If you have a car this spot is perfectly located right between downtown St. Pete and St Pete Beach.
- Belen House – Located a 15-minute drive from downtown St Pete and the Beach this 3 bedroom 4 bath home holds 8 adults in 4 double beds. It’s clean with updated rooms and fresh decor. The kitchen is fully equipped and there is a BBQ grill and patio.
- CASA TRANQUILA – A clean and calm space located 5 miles southwest of downtown. The 3-bedroom apartment holds 7 adults. It doesn’t offer the most floorspace but if you spend most of your time out exploring it shouldn’t be a big deal. Keep in mind there is a noise policy as it is an upper-story apartment.
St Pete Beach
Standard hotel options for smaller groups along St Pete Beach to check out are Barefoot Beach Club, Bellweather Beach Resort, Bilmar Beach Resort, and Tradewinds. If you are seeking something a bit more luxurious The Don CeSar, Hotel Zamora, and The Saint are definitely top contenders.
For large groups:
- Twins Inn & Apartments $ – Just across the street from Treasure Island Beach and easily walkable to restaurants. There are a lot of choices for room sizes here but the 3-bedroom apartments are the roomiest that can accommodate 9 people. There is a pool and the kitchen has a microwave, fridge, kitchenware, and coffee maker.
- St Pete Beach Suites $ – Located just a couple of blocks from the beach with spacious rooms and a modest-sized kitchen. There’s the queen suite which sleeps 5 people and the beach house suite holds 10 people. The property provides chairs, umbrellas, and carts to take to the beach. These units are more pricey because of the location.
- FUSION Resort $$ – This 3-star resort is the most high-end option on the list. You will have a view of the bay and a short walk to the beach. The 2 and 3-bedroom suites offer the most space and have balconies with water views. Amenities include a pool, a restaurant, free bikes, a bar and shared lounge, a 24-hour front desk, a shuttle service, and room service.
- Treasure Island Beach Resort $$$ – Great if you want a high-end beachfront property with spacious rooms and layouts that will work for groups up to 8. All rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows and a patio or balcony, and the suites have a dining room and kitchen. I’ve tried the on-site restaurant and I would highly recommend it! The rectangle pool is scenic and there is also a fitness center.
If you don’t like any of these ideas I also have a full blog post on the best hotels in St Petersburg that you can check out!
Hotel Haya is the best for location and amenities, Hotel Alba is an excellent modern yet affordable choice, stay at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino for a taste of Vegas, and the Epicurean is the spot for privacy, pampering, and cocktails from the rooftop bar.
For large groups:
- Brighten Up Your Vacation $ – It’s a 15-minute drive away from downtown Tampa but for lower rates, large space, and a private pool yard with a lake view it’s a great find. It’s a 4 bed 3 bath that can comfortably sleep 9 adults.
- House by the Stadium $$ – A house that can sleep 10 in 4 double beds, 2 twins, and 1 sofa bed. This seller for this home is the killer backyard – there’s a pizza oven, grill, bar, fire pit, and hammock. Located right within walking distance to Raymond James Stadium and close to the Tampa airport.
- Tropical Suite Apartment $$ – A 3 bedroom apartment that has 4 large double beds which will comfortably sleep 8 adults. It has a full kitchen, a private balcony, and a communal pool and hot tub. Located 7 miles from downtown Tampa and close by to the bridge that connects to St Pete making it easy to drive to the beaches.
Photo – Krystal Nocella Photography
As you can see, there are a lot of things to think about when planning a bachelorette party in Tampa Bay. I hope I’ve made it easier to decide between having a St Pete, Tampa, or Clearwater bachelorette party and what activities to do so you can get working on planning your party!
As a local, I have more content about the Tampa Bay area so be sure to browse around my blog or check out the related resources I’ve left for you below!