Quick and Easy Matcha Latte | With Milk Frother or Blender
This post is all about how a make a quick and easy matcha latte with a milk frother or blender. In addition, I include a couple of bonus ingredients that take my latte to the next level.
My idea of a perfect Matcha Latte
1. It must be smooth (no bitterness). Meaning a high quality matcha.
2. It needs to be sweet, not too sweet, but just enough to enhance the matcha.
I decided to formulate my own recipe variant because most of the recipes I’ve seen are just matcha and water (yuck, lol). If they included sweetener it was super general on how much to add.
I found a high-quality 1st harvest organic latte grade matcha from Amazon. It isn’t that expensive as other brands such as pique tea.
I created the perfect matcha latte formula that tastes perfect every time. I even added my own spin with a couple of bonus ingredients that take it to another level. It’s simple, and you don’t need a fancy matcha whisk, just a milk frother or a blender.
Quick & Easy Vanilla Matcha Latte | With Milk Frother or Blender
- 1-2 TBS honey (or sweetner of choice) I find 1 TBS to be my preferred amount. Just sweet enough
- 1 tsp ceremonial Latte Grade Matcha I used Encha Organics
- 2 TBS water
- 10 ounce milk of choice I used oat
- cinnamon optional
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract optional
- Mix match with water in mug and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Add honey to water and mix with milk frother. If using blender add water matcha mixture to blender first then add honey and blend. Check to make sure most lumps have been smoothed.
- Heat milk in microwave for about 2 ½-3 minutes. I heat the milk directly in a glass liquid measuring cup. You can also heat milk in pan. If making an iced version ignore this step. Just combine milk with other ingredients and pour over ice.
- Add vanilla to mug, then combine warmed milk with the match, honey, and vanilla. Mix slowly while blending with frother.
- Top off with a few dashes of cinnamon. This really add some dimention to the drink.